Last Updated: September 16, 2021
- On this Website;
- In e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE COLLECT IT?
We collect information directly from you when you provide it to us. Additionally, we also collect information automatically as you navigate through our Website such as usage details, IP addresses, device characteristics, web browser characteristics, unique identifiers and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It.
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, IP address, device ID, records of your orders and other transactions, or other personal information (“Personal Information”); and
- Information that is about you individually, but does not identify you, such as your web browser software and referring website, as well as demographic data including, but not limited to your country of residence, gender, age, and sign up location.
Information You Provide to Us. Some of the information that we collect on or through our Website provided by you may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our Services, posting material, or requesting further Services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or other promotional offering sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses) if you contact Handel’s;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website;
- Your search queries on the Website; and
- Certain areas of our Website, including our social media accounts contain information supplied by users and others. If you submit user content to our social media accounts, you acknowledge that the content will be publicly available. Please do not submit any information to the social media accounts, including personally identifiable information, that you do not want to make public. We are not responsible for comments, advice, reviews, information, or any other posting made by you, other users or third parties in these areas. We do not have the obligation, but we reserve the right, to review content posted in public areas, including comments to our social media pages, and to delete or edit them, for any reason, at any time.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. The technologies that we use or may use include cookies, flash cookies, and web beacons. These technologies are used to capture the following information:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type; and
- If you are accessing a Service from a mobile device or through a mobile application, you may be asked to share your precise (GPS level) geo-location information with us so we can customize your experience with our Services, when we work with a partner such as a third-party mobile ad platform. If you agree to such collection, in most cases, you will be able to turn off such data collection at any time by accessing the privacy settings on our mobile device and/or through the settings in the applicable mobile application.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Contact us for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information that we collect automatically may only include statistical data and does not include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized services, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests
- Speed up your searches
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
We do not collect personal information automatically but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
An SDK is a set of tools and/or code that we may embed in our applications and software to perform certain functions, such as allowing us or third parties to collect information about how users interact with our Services. Tags or tracking pixels (sometimes also referred to as web beacons or clear GIFs) are small code (sometimes containing, generating or detecting a unique identifier) embedded in websites, online ads, and email that can be used for purposes such as generating web server logs or reading or writing cookies for the purposes described above. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods.
We may also use certain third-party web and mobile app analytics services (which may include, without limitation, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Twitter Analytics, and Facebook Custom Audiences) to assist us in analyzing how visitors use the Services and serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and different channels.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may send you communications that contain information about your orders or special offers available through our Website. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these e-mail communications in any such e-mail we send. Please note that if you unsubscribe from our e-mail newsletters, we will continue to send you e-mails regarding your orders and administrative information.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Handel’s strives to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Handel’s. If you do not wish to have your information used by Handel’s to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- If Handel’s has sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
In order to operate the Website and deliver our services, we may occasionally need to share your Personal Information with the following parties:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Handel’s assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Handel’s about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
We may also share your information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; when we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this Website, our customers, or others; and as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to (or on) the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their Personal Information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Handel’s may use “cookie” technology on our website. “Cookies” are small text files that a website can use to recognize repeat users, facilitate the user’s access to and use of the site and to track behavior of the web pages you visit, among other uses. Our Website may automatically collect cookies and other information, including, but not limited to, your domain name. Handel’s may compile aggregate data for statistical purposes to improve the content of our Website or to better administer the web pages available on the Handel’s Website.
When and if Handel’s requests an e-mail address from you, you will be given the opportunity to indicate whether or not you wish to receive future e-mail solicitations from us. Regardless, from time to time, we may send you e-mails for other reasons, including, but not limited to responding to your inquiries to us.
HOW WE PROECT YOUR INFORMATION
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and other information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy or security measures contained on the Website.
“Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information which you suspect may be a scam, please notify us as provided the “Privacy Questions” section below.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF YOUR JURISDICTION
Handel’s Enterprises, LLC
Attn: IT Team
3830 Starr Centre Dr
Canfield OH 44406
If you would like to know what information Handel’s retains specifically about you, or if you wish to have Handel’s change your information because it is out of date or inaccurate, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com. We will modify your record accordingly.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information. California Privacy laws require that we provide California residents information about how we use their personal information, whether collected online or offline, and this section is intended to satisfy that requirement.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
Handel’s Enterprises, LLC
Attn: IT Team
3830 Starr Centre Drive
Canfield, OH 44406
Categories of Personal Information that We Collect, Disclose, and Sell
Below we identify the categories of personal information that we collect about California consumers and households, the purposes for which we use each category, and whether we disclose or sell information within each category.
|Categories of Personal Information||Do We Collect?||Do We Disclose for Business Purposes?||Do We Sell or May We Sell?|
|NAME, CONTACT INFORMATION AND IDENTIFIERS: Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.||Yes||Yes||No|
|PROTECTED CLASSIFICATIONS: Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law such as sex, age, and disability.|
For example, we collect sex and age information from customers if provided in an expression of interest for franchising or employment..
|PURCHASE HISTORY AND TENDENCIES: Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
For example, we collect information about the items you may buy through our website..
|BIOMETRIC INFORMATION: Physiological, biological or behavioral characteristics that can be used alone or in combination with each other to establish individual identity, including gait patterns or rhythms, and sleep, health, or exercise data that contain identifying information.||No||No||No|
|USAGE DATA: Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a resident’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.|
For example, we automatically collect information when you visit our Site, such as the pages you view.
|GEOLOCATION DATA: Precise geographic location information about a particular individual or device.|
For example, we collect your mobile device’s location information to help you find nearby stores.
|AUDIO/VISUAL: Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information..||No||No||No|
|EMPLOYMENT HISTORY: Professional or employment-related information.|
For example, we collect your employment history if you submit a form to express interest in a job.
|PROFILES AND INFERENCES: Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a resident reflecting the resident’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||Yes||Yes||No|
Right to Opt-Out. California residents have the right to opt-out of our “Sale” of their personal information. California defines the term “Sale” broadly, and includes, our selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring or otherwise communicating (collectively a “Sale”) California residents’ personal information to another business or third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. Please note that while some of our sharing of personal information may be a “Sale” as defined by CCPA, we do not sell personal information for monetary compensation. California residents may exercise their right to opt-out the Sale of their personal information by completing our CCPA rights request form at https://handelsicecream.com/do-not-sell-my-information/ or by contacting us at 330-702-8270.
Right to Opt-In. We do not sell personal information about residents who we know are younger than 16 years old.
Notice at Collection. We are required to notify California residents, at or before the point of collection of their personal information, the categories of personal information collected and the purposes for which such information is used.
Verifiable Requests to Delete, and Requests to Know. Subject to certain exceptions, California residents have the right to make the following requests, at no charge, up to twice every 12 months:
Right to Deletion: California residents have the right to request deletion of their personal information that we have collected about them, subject to certain exemptions, and to have such personal information deleted, except where necessary for any of a list of exempt purposes.
Right to Know – Right to a Copy: California residents have the right to request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about them in the prior 12 months and to have this delivered, free of charge, either (a) by mail or (b) electronically in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily useable format that allows the individual to transmit this information to another entity without hindrance.
Right to Know – Right to Information: California residents have the right to request that we provide them certain information about how we have handled their personal information in the prior 12 months, including the:
- Categories of personal information collected;
- Categories or sources of personal information;
- Business and/or commercial purposes for collecting or selling their personal information;
- Categories of third parties/with whom we have disclosed or shared their personal information;
- Categories of personal information we have disclosed or shared with a third party for a business purpose;
- Categories of third parties to whom the residents’ personal information has been sold and the specific categories of personal information sold to each category of third party.
Submitting Requests. Requests to exercise the Right to Deletion, Right to a Copy, and/or the Right to Information may be submitted by California residents on our CCPA rights request form at https://handelsicecream.com/do-not-sell-my-information/ as well as by contacting us at 330-702-8270. We will respond to verifiable requests received from California consumers as required by law.
Right to Non-Discrimination, and Incentives. The CCPA prohibits discrimination against California residents for exercising their rights under the CCPA and imposes requirements on any financial incentives offered to California residents related to their personal information.
Discrimination: Businesses may not discriminate against residents who exercise their rights under CCPA. Discrimination may exist where a business denies or provides a different level or quality of goods or services, or charges (or suggests that it will charge) different prices or rates or impose penalties on residents who exercise their CCPA rights, unless doing so is reasonably related to the value provided to the business by the residents’ data.
Disclosure of Incentives: If businesses offer any financial incentives for the collection, sale or deletion of California residents’ personal information, residents have the right to be notified of any financial incentives offers and their material terms, the right not to be included in such offers without prior informed opt-in consent, and the right to be able to opt-out of such offers at any time. Businesses may not offer unjust, unreasonable, coercive or usurious financial incentives. We do not offer any financial incentives at this time.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
Nevada consumers may submit requests directing a business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us at email@example.com.